Remy Moose Manley, LLP is one of the leading practitioners of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and has extensive experience as well with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and other related environmental review statutes and regulations. A key service the firm provides is review of environmental impacts reports (EIRs), environmental impact statements (EISs), and other planning studies and project approval documents to ensure compliance with CEQA, NEPA, the State Planning and Zoning Law, the Clean Water Act, the Federal and State Endangered Species Acts, the Surface Mining and Reclamation Act, and other relevant land use and environmental statutes.
RMM’s services encompass the full spectrum of the administrative processes of environmental review, including:
- working with agencies, applicants and consultants at the beginning of a project to develop clearly articulated and defensible project objectives;
- identifying an initial environmental review strategy, including the use of all possible exemptions and other applicable streamlining provisions under the relevant laws;
- assisting in “scoping” the most likely environmental impacts and potentially difficult environmental issues;
- working with team members to develop a realistic schedule for review through the final approvals;
- reviewing and providing key input and revisions to preliminary draft review documents and reports, responses to comments, staff reports, etc.;
- reviewing and commenting on public draft environmental review documents;
- representing parties in key public hearings;
- drafting findings, resolutions, mitigation monitoring and reporting plans, zoning ordinances, plans and amendments, development agreements and other development entitlements; and
- defending or challenging the administrative approvals of projects.