Guide to CEQA
The 2006 (11th ed. Solano Press) edition has been updated and comprehensively revised. This edition has been updated with changes to the CEQA Guidelines, Statute and case law made in late 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and mid-2006 and includes:
- Analysis of more than 100 CEQA cases issued between 1999 and mid-2006, including a comprehensive discussion of Communities for a Better Environment v. California Resources Agency (3d Dist. 2002) 103 Cal.App.4th 98 [126 Cal.Rptr.2d 441], in which the Court of Appeal invalidated certain CEQA Guidelines adopted in 1998.
- Revisions to reflect and analyze the February 2001, July 2003, September 2004, and October 2005 amendments to the CEQA guidelines.
- Analysis of all the statutory changes made to CEQA between 1999 and mid-2006.
The 2006 edition also includes expanded discussions on a number of topics addressed in less detail in previous editions. Some of the more significant changes to the book are:
- New chapter on water supply planning and CEQA. Because courts have been exceptionally focused on water supply planning and water supply analysis in the context of CEQA compliance, an entirely new chapter on the nexus between CEQA and water supply planning has been added:
- Analysis of SB 221 and SB 610, which require water supply availability analysis at various stages of the local land use CEQA and environmental review process.
- These legislative developments have been matched by an equally active judiciary. The Guide discusses the seminal cases in this area published through March 2006.
- Significant reorganization. The book, which was formerly eleven chapters, has been substantially reorganized. It is now seventeen chapters, and includes hundreds of new headers and cross references, in order to make the book more user friendly.